Wednesday, October 13, 2010

another take on pork and rice

Had this yesterday and dh wants it added into the rotation:

You all know how awful I am at measuring while I cook, so bear with me, it's all eyeballed:

cooked pork, cut in small pieces (cup or two)
shredded or diced cabbage (maybe two cups or more?)
rice (2 cups uncooked)
onion powder (1-2 tsp)
minced garlic (2 tbsp)
lemon juice (of half a large lemon)
coconut oil (to stir fry everything, I used a lot!)

Cook rice - we set aside and put the rest on top at the end, but think it would have been much better stir fried together with the spices.

Heat coconut oil in large skillet, stir fry cabbage until it's getting soft, then add pork (this is where I would have added the rice), onion powder, minced garlic, lemon juice, and stir fry all until warmed up. If I had added the rice to the stir fry while cooking, I think I would have upped the amount of spices and lemon juice because it was pretty mild (but tasty) as it was. The pork itself had been grilled a day or two earlier, brined with garlic/onion powders rubbed on before grilling.

No comments: